Homestyle Turkey and Vegetable Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- OR 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables with potatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Double crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan. Cook and stir onion over moderate heat until tender. Stir in flour, bouillon granules, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in milk and water. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in turkey, vegetables and mushrooms. Set aside.
- HEAT oven to 425ºF.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Fill with turkey mixture.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- PLACE pie in oven. Immediately reduce temperature to 325ºF.
- BAKE 55 to 65 minutes, or until filling is hot and crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 880 (Calories from Fat 440), Total Fat 49g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 1600mg, Total Carbohydrate 72g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g), Protein 33g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.