Hoosier Harvest Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 6 cups peeled, sliced, tart baking apples (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or apple juice
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, flour and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add apples; toss to coat. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle cider over filling. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam. Brush with milk. Sprinkle with sugar.
- BAKE 40 to 50 minutes. Cover edge of pie with foil last 10 minutes, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool until barely warm or to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 36g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.