Skillet Fried Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (split breast, leg, thigh)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in paper or plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time. Shake to coat.
- HEAT shortening to 365ºF in electric skillet or on medium-high heat in large heavy skillet. Fry chicken 40 to 50 minutes, turning once, or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 165mg, Sodium 1020mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 52g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.