Double Chocolate Drops
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/3 cups Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/3 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- ADD eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- DROP two tablespoons dough for each cookie 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Repeat for each cookie.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes, or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- TIP For smaller cookies, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough for each cookie. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 7 to 9 minutes, or until set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 19g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.