Double Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 18
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Filling: BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with, electric mixer on medium speed, until creamy. Add sugar, egg yolk, 1 1/2 teaspoons coffee mixture and almond flavoring. Beat well. Mix in flour gradually until blended.
- For Cupcakes: COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat sugar and oil in large bowl with, electric mixer on high speed, until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Blend in vanilla, buttermilk, remaining coffee mixture and flour mixture, scraping bowl frequently. Beat at medium speed 1 minute.
- DIVIDE batter using 2 2/3 cups to fill baking cups half full and reserving remaining 1 cup batter. Place 1 rounded teaspoon cream cheese filling into center of batter. Distribute remaining batter evenly into baking cups. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Glaze: MICROWAVE cream in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds. Add chocolate stirring until melted and combined. Add butter and microwave 15 seconds. Continue stirring until smooth. Dip cupcake tops in glaze to coat evenly. Let stand 15 minutes or until set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 18), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.