Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
Carolyn Gurtz, Gaithersburg, MD, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 $1,000,000 Winner; $5,000 Jif® Peanut Butter Award
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create ‘n Bake® refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
- Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.
- Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
- No change.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Fisher is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-6057 U.S.A.
Domino is the registered trademark of American Sugar Refining, Inc. Yonkers, NY 10750.
C&H is a registered trademark of C&H Sugar Company, Crockett, CA.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 125mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.