Dulce de Leche Banana Pie
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 9-inch single Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (13.4 oz.) can dulce de leche
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- PREPARE and bake pie crust according to recipe. Cool completely on wire rack.
- COMBINE milk, 1 cup cream, sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- WHISK in dulce de leche and vanilla until evenly blended. Spread in prepared pie crust. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pie to prevent skin from forming. Cool 30 minutes. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- BEAT remaining 1 cup cream, powdered sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Remove plastic wrap from pie filling. Top evenly with sliced bananas. Spread whipped cream mixture over top of pie. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 730 (Calories from Fat 360), Total Fat 40g (Saturated Fat 20g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 84g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 54g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 25%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.