Eagle Brand® Toffee Bars
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Additional chopped walnuts (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, 6 tablespoons butter and baking soda in large bowl. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- COMBINE remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sweetened condensed milk in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour evenly over partially baked crust.
- BAKE an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- REMOVE from oven; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 1 minute; spread chocolate chips while still warm. Garnish with additional walnuts, if desired; press down firmly. Cool thoroughly. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.