Easter Chick Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12
- 1 pouch Pillsbury® Funfetti® Neon Yellow Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Neon Yellow Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 5 drops yellow food color
- 24 brown candy-coated chocolate candies
- Orange candy fruit slices or orange gumdrops
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and egg whites to make 12 cupcakes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- PLACE candy bits from frosting in small bowl. Frost cupcakes, one at a time, with yellow frosting. Dip 1 edge of cupcake into candy bits to form chick's crest, using about 1/2 teaspoon bits for each cupcake.
- COMBINE coconut and food color in small resealable plastic bag. Knead bag to evenly tint coconut. Place in shallow bowl. Dip frosted cupcakes into coconut to coat. Place 2 chocolate chips on each cupcake for eyes. Cut orange candy fruit slices into small triangles for noses. Arrange on all cupcakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 cupcakes), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 37g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.