Easy Custard Pie
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; do not bake. Heat oven to 425ºF.
- BEAT eggs until thorougly blended. Add sugar, salt, nutmeg, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350ºF. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted about 1-inch from edge comes out clean.
- COCONUT CUSTARD: Stir in 1 cup chopped shredded coconut before pouring filling into unbaked pie crust.
- RASPBERRY CUSTARD: Mash 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries and stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar. When custard pie is cool, spread raspberry mixture over top. Serve with whipped cream.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTED CUSTARD: Melt 1 square unsweetened chocolate and 2 tablespoons shortening. Stir in 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons cream. Spread frosting over cooled custard pie just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.