Easy Linzer Thumbprints
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 95 min
- Yield: 30 to 40 cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves, or other Orchard's Finest flavor
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- CREAM together shortening, sugar and almond extract in large bowl until well combined. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Add ground almonds, flour and salt; mix on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- ROLL dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Indent each ball with thumb.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes. Fill each indent with scant 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.