English Muffin Loaves
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- 2 (1/4 oz.) packages active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups milk, heated to 100-110°F.
- 3/4 cup water, heated to 100-110°F.
- SPRAY two 9x5-inch loaf pans with no-stick spray. Coat lightly with cornmeal.
- COMBINE 4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add milk and water. Beat well with wooden spoon. Stir in remaining 4 cups flour to make a stiff batter. Spoon into prepared pans. Cover loosely. Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes or until double in size. Uncover dough.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped. Immediately remove from pans. Cool on wire rack. Serve toasted with butter and your favorite Smucker's jam, jelly or preserves.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 10), Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.