Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Beat shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- STIR together flour, instant espresso coffee, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in nuts, semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 42), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.