Espresso Shortbread Cookies with Toasted Marshmallow Creme
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 tablespoon Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- OR 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- STIR espresso and water together in small bowl until espresso is dissolved. Beat butter, sugar, espresso mixture and vanilla on medium speed with electric mixer in large bowl until fluffy. Blend in flour, almond flour and salt. Shape dough into 2 (1 1/2-inch) thick square logs and wrap in wax paper. Chill 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Cut logs into 1/8-inch thick square discs. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- CHANGE oven to broil setting. Place 1 teaspoon marshmallow creme on each cookie. Sprinkle, if desired, with dash of espresso powder. Broil 2 to 3 minutes until marshmallow begins to brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.