Ever So Easy Fruitcake
This versatile, 10-minute recipe can be adapted to bars, fluted cake and traditional fruit cake.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 110 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 20 to 24 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (27 oz.) jar None Such® Ready-to-Use Classic Original Mincemeat
- OR 1 (27 oz.) jar None Such® Brandy and Rum Mincemeat
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups (1 lb.) mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 300ºF. Coat a 10-cup fluted baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR together flour and baking soda. Combine eggs, mincement, sweetened condensed milk, candied fruit and nuts in large bowl. Blend in dry ingredients. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 hour, 45 minutes to 1 hour, 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Garnish as desired.
- FRUITCAKE BARS: COAT 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool. Glaze, if desired. Makes about 4 dozen bars.
- FRUITCAKE COOKIES: COAT baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 to 18 minutes. Makes about 5 1/2 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/20 of cake), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 33g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.