Festive Holiday Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- MIX cookie mix, butter and egg in large bowl until dough forms. Stir in red cherries, green cherries, coconut, almonds, coarsely chopped pecans and almond extract.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Shape each half into a 10 x 2-inch diameter log. Roll logs in finely chopped pecans to coat. Wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 72), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.