Festive Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups oats (quick or old fashioned), uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces or colored chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, chocolate pieces and nuts with spoon. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 to 12 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.