Filled Star Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 1440 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 2 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Pacific Mountain Strawberry Preserves
- Powdered sugar
- BEAT shortening, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until blended. Beat in egg yolks and orange juice. Combine flour and salt. Mix in gradually until dough is soft. Add more flour if needed. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- ROLL out half of chilled dough at a time to about 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut using a star cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Cut out centers of half the stars using a small round cutter. Repeat with remaining dough. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Place on cooling racks to cool completely. Spread whole stars with preserves. Place stars with centers cut out on top. Sift with powdered sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.