Finest Nutty Fruit Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 16 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves, or favorite Orchard's Finest flavor
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 8x8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Mix in butter using a fork or pastry blender, until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping. Press remaining crumbs evenly in prepared baking pan to form crust.
- SPREAD preserves over top of crust. Combine reserved crumbs with pecans. Sprinkle over top of preserves.
- BAKE 28 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 16), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.