- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Milk Chocolate Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray one 8-inch round and one 8-inch square pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 31 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans. Place on wire racks. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- PLACE round cake in center of serving tray or foil-covered cardboard. Cut square cake in half diagonally making 2 triangles. Trim off rounded piece from cut edge of each triangle so triangles fit on sides of round cake to form football shape. (If necessary, trim corners of triangle slightly to create a smooth, rounded edge.)
- ADD red and yellow food coloring to milk chocolate frosting. Blend well. Frost sides and top of cake. To create texture, lightly touch blade of serrated knife across top and sides of cake randomly.
- PLACE vanilla frosting in small resealable plastic bag. Seal bag. Cut small hole off one corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe 2 wide stripes on football, using seams between cakes as a guide. Use remaining vanilla frosting to pipe line with laces on football.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE cake mix package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 38g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.