Frosted Devil's Food Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Sugar Free Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- Sugar free decorator sprinkles or candy bits of your choice (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until a coarse crumbs form. Add water and egg, mixing on low, until a smooth dough forms. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2 inches in diameter, coating glass as needed.
- BAKE 6 to 9 minutes or until center is firm. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread frosting over cookies. Sprinkle with decorator sprinkles, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/60), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.