Frosted Easter Cut-Outs
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 6 dozen 2-inch cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, plus 4 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring (optional)
- Decorator Frosting
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal pieces; shape each into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- SPRINKLE about 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place disk of dough on floured paper; flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over; cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of waxed paper.
- CUT into desired shapes with floured cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE 5 to 7 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and milk in small bowl; stir until smooth. Add food coloring, if desired. Stir until blended. Spread on cookies; let stand until frosting is set. Decorate as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.