Fruit-Filled Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry or cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup shortening and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg; blend in milk.
- SIFT together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture, blending at low speed.
- SPREAD half the batter in prepared pan; cover with 3/4 can pie filling. Spread remaining batter over pie filling; top with remaining pie filling.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, cinnamon and nuts in medium bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- BAKE 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut in squares to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 54g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.