Fruit 'n' Nut Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or use paper baking cups.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Stir in dried fruit and nuts. Beat egg and milk with fork in small bowl; stir in melted shortening. Add to flour mixture. Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.