Fruited Shortbread Cookies
- Prep Time: 12 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 22 min
- Yield: 4 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 oz.) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat, crumbled
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsps. plus 1 tsp. milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in small bowl.
- BEAT butter and sugar until fluffy in large bowl. Add egg. Stir in vanilla and mincemeat. Add flour mixture, mix well (batter will be stiff). Roll into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Stir together glaze ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle or brush on cookies while still warm.
- TIP Moisten fingers to make rolling balls of dough easier.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 54), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.