Fruity Coconut Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 38 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 16 servings (2 8" cakes)
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Smucker's® Peach Preserves, Pineapple or Apricot Preserves (1 cup)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray two 8-inch cake pans with the no-stick spray. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Combine cream cheese, butter and sugar in the mixer bowl. Attach mixer bowl and flat beater. Turn to Speed 4 beating until the mixture is light and flugffy. Stop and scrape the bowl. Turn to Stir Speed; add eggs one at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 1/4 cup evaporated milk and vanilla to bowl. Turn to Stir Speed; gradually add dry ingredients to bowl. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and blend just until moistened. Evenly divide and spread 1/2 of the batter into the two prepared cake pans. Evenly divide the preserves between the two pans. Evenly divide and spread the remaining batter over the preserves in the pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- COMBINE sugar, 2/3 cup of evaporated milk, butter and egg in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir until mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut, pecans and vanilla. Spread over cakes, dividing mixture evenly. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 42g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.