Fruity Oat Thumbprints
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/2 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups oats, (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Blueberry Preserves, or any Smucker's Fruit Preserves of your choice
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- COMBINE oats, flour and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in nuts. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Press thumb in centers. Fill with preserves.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown (do not overbake). Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.