Fruity Snack Mix
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 150 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 10 cups
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Cranberry Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 (6 oz.) package dried fruit bits
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- HEAT oven to 250°F. Combine peanut butter, honey, water and butter in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- COMBINE oats and quick bread mix in large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture. Mix well. Crumble and spread mixture in bottom of ungreased 17 x 11 x 1-inch baking pan. Mixture will be quite moist and crumbly.
- BAKE 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until deep golden brown and almost dry and crisp, stirring and breaking up pieces every 30 minutes. Stir in fruit bits and sunflower seeds. Turn oven off. Leave pan in warm oven 30 minutes.
- REMOVE pan from oven. Stir mixture. Cool in pan 20 minutes or until completely cooled. Mixture will become crisp as it cools. Store in tightly covered container.
- TIP Serve over yogurt, ice cream or fruit.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 23g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.