Fruity Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Truvia™ natural sweetener
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Strawberry Preserves with Truvia™ or Blackberry Jam with Truvia™
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Adjust rack to middle position.
- BEAT butter, Truvia™ natural sweetener, sugar, egg and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Blend flour, cornstarch and salt together in a medium bowl. Fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- BEAT egg whites in a shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl. Measure about 2 teaspoons dough for each cookie. Form into balls by rolling between hands. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, then roll into pecans. Place on cookie sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon or thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie.
- BAKE 16 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation once again with a spoon. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves into the indentation of each cookie. Return to oven and bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheet for several minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.