Fudge Mint Ice Cream Torte
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 360 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 8 cups chocolate chip mint ice cream, slightly softened
- 28 thin chocolate and green mints, divided
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line three 8-inch round cake pans with parchment or wax paper. Coat parchment with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs. Divide evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until set in center. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely. Freeze 1 to 2 hours for easier handling.
- LINE two 8-inch round cake pans with plastic wrap or foil. Scoop ice cream evenly into prepared pans. Press into even layers. Freeze until firm.
- MICROWAVE 20 mints and half-and-half in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred. Cool.
- REMOVE parchment and plastic wrap from brownie and ice cream layers. Place 1 brownie layer on serving plate. Top with 1 ice cream layer. Repeat with remaining brownie and ice cream layers, ending with brownie layer. Spoon topping over top of torte. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- CUT remaining 8 mints in half diagonally. Place wedges, cut side down, in spoke-fashion on top outer edge of torte. Let torte stand at room temperature about 10 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of torte), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 51g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.