Fudge Ribbon Cake
Decadent and delicious are the only words to describe this rich fudge cake. With some of our easy modifications listed below, you can also make a full size layered cake or fun individual cupcakes that the kids will love!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: one (10-inch) cake
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 10-inch fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BEAT cream cheese, butter and cornstarch in medium bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour evenly over cake batter.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool. Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE chocolate and butter in 1-quart glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 30 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in powdered sugar, water and vanilla until smooth and well blended. (Makes about 1/3 cup).
- FUDGE RIBBON SHEET CAKE: SPRAY 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan. Prepare cream cheese topping as above; spoon evenly over batter. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Frost with 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Chocolate Frosting.
- FUDGE RIBBON CUPCAKES: LINE 36 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill muffin cups half full of batter. Prepare cream cheese topping as above; spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each cup. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Frost with 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Chocolate Frosting. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 40g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.