Fudgy Coconut Bars
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 48 bars
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, sugar, cocoa and egg in medium bowl. Mix in flour and salt. Pat evenly into prepared pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until surface is dry.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, flour and vanilla in small bowl. Stir in walnuts, coconut and chocolate chips. Spread onto hot crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool. Cut into 1 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/48 of recipe), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.