Funfetti® Holiday Cut-Out Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 4 to 5 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ Vanilla Dream Flavored No-Fuss Frosting
- OR Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ Decadent Chocolate Fudge Flavored No-Fuss Frosting
- Decorator sprinkles or colored sugar
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE cookie mix, flour, butter and egg in medium bowl. Stir until soft dough forms. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugar, if desired.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired.
- TIP *To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in microwave 10 to 15 seconds.
- CUT-OUT SANDWICH COOKIES: Prepare cookies as directed in steps 1 and 2, then gently press multi-colored semi-sweet chocolate mini baking bits into half of the cookies. Bake and cool as directed. Spread frosting on bottom side of plain cookies; top with decorated cookies.
- ORNAMENT COOKIES: Prepare cookies as directed above using floured 2 1/2-inch to 3 1/2-inch desired shape cookie cutters. Using a plastic straw, make a hole 1/2-inch from the top of each cookie. Bake and cool as directed, using a plastic straw to reopen holes in cookies, if necessary. Thread with thin ribbon to make an ornament.
- TIP *To tint dough: Add desired amount of food coloring, work into dough until the color is fully blended.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/48), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.