Funfetti® Holiday Ice Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 600 min
- Yield: 18-20
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
FUDGY CRUNCH FILLING
- 1 (1.5 qt) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 (9 oz.) package dark chocolate round wafers
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- 2 containers Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- FUNFETTI CAKE: HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 10-inch spingform pan with cooking spray. Prepare cake according package directions using water, oil and eggs. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 48 to 52 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely. Remove outer ring. Level top of cake using a serrated knife. Replace outer ring.
- FUDGY-CRUNCH FILLING: TURN-OUT softened ice cream into large bowl stirring occasionally until it is of spreading consistency. Break wafers with fingers into no larger than 1/4-inch pieces. Spread unheated hot fudge topping evenly over cooled cake in springform pan. Top with even layer of broken wafers. Spread ice cream evenly over wafer layer. Freeze ice cream cake for 6 hours or overnight.
- WHIPPED FROSTING: WHIP frosting and whipped topping in a large mixing bowl, scraping bowl occasionally, until light and fluffy. Remove outer ring from ice cream cake. Working quickly, frost cake smoothing frosting on top and sides. Pull a cake comb along the sides of cake to create ribbed effect. Return cake to freezer as needed. Decorate with vanilla frosting and candy bits from frosting, as desired. Freeze cake 1 hour to set frosting before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of cake), Calories 720 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 4g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 105g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 85g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.