Garlic Cheese Fans
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley flakes, if desired
- For biscuits: HEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center; add milk. Stir with fork until dough forms.
- FORM dough into a ball; knead lightly 10 to 15 times on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 12x10-inch rectangle. Cut into five 12-inch long strips.
- SPRINKLE 4 dough strips with cheese; stack strips. Top with remaining strip. Slice into 12 equal sections. Place sections cut-side up in prepared muffin pan. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- For garlic butter: Combine melted butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Brush over warm biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 fan biscuit), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.