German Chocolate Coconut Pecan Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked single Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Whisk 3 eggs plus 1 egg white in large bowl until blended. Stir in sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Gradually whisk in 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk until blended. Stir in 2/3 cup coconut and 2/3 cup chopped pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake 40 minutes or until filling is set but still slightly loose in center.
- MELT remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk and 1 egg yolk.
- COOK over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 2/3 cup coconut and 1/3 cup pecans until coated. Drop small spoonfuls over top of pie, spreading evenly. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 42g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.