German Chocolate Coconut Pecan Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked single Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Whisk 3 eggs plus 1 egg white in large bowl until blended. Stir in sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Gradually whisk in 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk until blended. Stir in 2/3 cup coconut and 2/3 cup chopped pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake 40 minutes or until filling is set but still slightly loose in center.
- MELT remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk and 1 egg yolk.
- COOK over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 2/3 cup coconut and 1/3 cup pecans until coated. Drop small spoonfuls over top of pie, spreading evenly. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.