German Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces German chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, chocolate and water in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in oats, nuts and coconut with spoon.
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 minutes, or until bottoms are browned, but tops are slightly soft. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.