- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 recipe Ginger Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 4 x 1/2-inch strips
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- PREPARE Ginger Soy Sauce according to recipe directions. Cover and refrigerate.
- COMBINE flour, cornstarch and ginger in medium bowl. Blend in water, egg, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir in bacon and onion. Add chicken strips. Stir to coat.
- HEAT 1/4-inch oil in medium skillet. Fry a few chicken strips at a time over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown, turning over once. Add additional oil to skillet as needed. Drain strips on paper towels. Serve immediately or keep warm in 175ºF oven. Serve with Ginger Soy Sauce.
- TIP To make ahead, prepare and fry as directed. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat in single layer on ungreased baking sheet in 400ºF oven 5 to 8 minutes, or until hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 710mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 20g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.