Ginger Macadamia Biscotti
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 32 biscotti
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Golden Butter Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Position rack in center of oven. Spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE cake mix, flour, ginger, lime peel, melted butter, eggs and macadamia nuts in large mixing bowl. Blend 1 to 2 minutes with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended, scraping bowl often (dough will be very stiff).
- TRANSFER dough to prepared cookie sheet. With floured hands, shape dough into two rectangles, each 14-inches long by 3-inches wide by 3/4-inch thick, about 4 to 5 inches apart on sheet. Mound the dough so it is slightly higher in the center than at the edges.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Leave oven on.
- CUT each rectangle into 3/4-inch slices on the diagonal using a sharp kitchen knife, while still on cookie sheet. Carefully turn slices onto their sides. Return cookie sheet to oven.
- BAKE an additional 10 minutes. Turn oven off and let biscotti remain in oven until crisp; 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer biscotti onto a rack. Cool completely.
- PLACE white chocolate chips and shortening in a resealable food storage bag. Microwave 30 seconds on MEDIUM HIGH (70% power). Knead mixture in bag. Microwave another 30 seconds on MEDIUM HIGH. Knead. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds, until chips are melted. Cut a small corner from bag. Drizzle melted white chocolate over biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscotti of 32), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.