Gingerbread Boys and Girls
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- Dried currants (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT butter, sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in egg. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, gringer, salt, cloves and cardamom. Beat until smooth.
- ROLL out 1/3 of dough at a time on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Refrigerate dough, if needed, for easier handling. Cut with floured 4 1/2 to 5-inch gingerbread boy or girl cookie cutters. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheets. If desired, decorate cookie with currants for eyes and buttons.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Sprinkle sugar over each cookie, if desired. Cool completely.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- No change.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.