Old-fashioned gingerbread cake, made extra moist and tasty with molasses and mince.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: one (9x9-inch) cake
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (9 oz.) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat, crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup hot milk
LEMON GLAZE (optional)
- 3 tbsps. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F (325°F for glass or dark pan). Spray 9x9-inch baking pan with baking spray. Combine mincemeat with 1/4 cup flour in small bowl; toss to coat.
- COMBINE remaining flour, baking soda, salt and ginger in large bowl; set aside.
- BEAT butter 1 minute in bowl of electric mixer. Add sugar; beat 1 minute. Add egg and blend. Add molasses; beat 1 minute. Add dry mix on low speed; blend. Add milk; beat until smooth. Fold in mincemeat.
- POUR batter into pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and center of cake is firm to touch. Cool.
- For Lemon Glaze: WHISK lemon juice into powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Allow glaze to set before cutting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 45g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.