- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- OR Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Lemon Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in large bowl. Whisk together olive oil, molasses, eggs and buttermilk in small bowl. Stir liquids into flour mixture just until moistened. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- SPREAD cooled muffins with frosting. Decorate as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 37g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.