Gingerbread Pancakes with Maple Apple Topping
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 16 pancakes
MAPLE APPLE TOPPING
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 (14.5 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Gingerbread Mix
- 1 1/4 cups cinnamon apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Sweetened whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, cooled
- Cinnamon, if desired (optional)
- For Maple Apple Topping: MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add apples. Cook about 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cinnamon and ginger until blended. Stir in syrup and raisins. Heat until syrup is warm. Remove from heat.
- For Gingerbread Pancakes: COMBINE gingerbread mix, apple sauce, egg and oil in large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- COAT griddle or large non-stick skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-low heat. Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto griddle. Cook pancakes until edges appear set. Turn and cook until done in center.
- SERVE pancakes topped with Maple Apple Topping. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Garnish with whipped cream, sprinkled with cinnamon, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16 of recipe), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.