Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half (optional), if desired
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE*
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Sweet Dough: LINE 13 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Combine flour and yeast packets from hot roll mix with sugar in large bowl. Stir in hot water, softened butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, using additional flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes.
- For Cinnamon Filling: Using a fork combine brown sugar, flour, softened butter and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll dough to 15 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Crumble cinnamon mixture evenly over dough. Starting with 10-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing edges to seal. Coat foil in pan with no-stick cooking spray. Cut** dough into 12 slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap*** and towel. Heat oven to 375°F. Let rise in warm place (80° to 90°F) 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Brush rolls with 1 tablespoon of half-and-half, if desired. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush rolls again with remaining tablespoon of half-and-half, if desired. Using edges of foil, remove rolls from pan.
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: BEAT butter and cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add powdered sugar, half-and-half and vanilla mixing until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.
- TIP *Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting can be substituted for glaze. Place 1/2 cup frosting in heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 5 seconds. Knead. Repeat. Cut corner off bag. Drizzle over warm rolls.
- TIP **For even slices place a 16-inch piece of plain dental floss under the roll. Draw ends up, crisscross at top of roll and then pull ends in opposite directions cutting thorough roll.
- TIP ***To make ahead cover shaped dough loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let dough stand on counter until almost doubled in size. Bake as directed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 12), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.