Glorious Angel Food Cake
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 38 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Angel Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 10 drops yellow food color
- 3/4 cup Dickinson's® Lemon Curd
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or blueberries
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Place oven rack in lower half of oven.
- PREPARE cake as directed on package using the water. Remove 2 cups batter and place in medium bowl. Add lemon peel, lemon extract and food color. Mix well. Pour into 10 x 4-inch tube pan. Spoon plain batter on top of yellow. Swirl batter with knife.
- BAKE 38 minutes or until dark golden brown and no longer moist or sticky. Immediately turn pan upside down onto tall narrow-necked glass bottle, such as a soda bottle. Cool completely. Remove cake from pan.
- COMBINE lemon curd, whipped topping and milk in medium bowl. Serve slices of cake topped with lemon curd mixture and fresh fruit.
- TIP To decorate entire cake, make dollops of lemon curd mixture on top of cake. Place several pieces of fresh fruit in each dollop. Serve with remaining lemon curd mixture and fruit.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.