Gluten Free* Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
*Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 peeled, cored Granny Smith apple, cut into 20 thin wedges
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch round baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder soda and salt in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- BEAT 1/4 cup butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add half the flour mixture, beating well. Beat in milk. Beat in remaining flour mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- COMBINE 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter with fork until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Arrange apple slices in spiral pattern over batter in pan. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of recipe), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.