Golden Carrot Cake
An irresistibly moist and rich cake, with chunks of carrot, raisins and nuts.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: one (10-inch) cake
- 1 (9-ounce) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat, crumbled
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Orange Glaze (recipe follows)
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine mincemeat, carrots, nuts and rind. Toss with 1/2 cup flour. Set aside.
- COMBINE sugar and oil in large bowl; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to batter, beating until smooth. Stir in mincemeat mixture.
- TURN into well-greased and floured 10-inch fluted or tube pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan. Cool. Drizzle with Orange Glaze.
- TIP Orange Glaze: Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 4 teaspoons orange juice. Add 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon grated orange rind, mix well.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 43g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.