Golden Harvest Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups peeled, thinly sliced Golden Delicious apples
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups peeled, thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Milk, half-and-half or heavy cream (optional)
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie crust dough. Chill until ready to use.
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Add apples; toss to coat.
- ROLL out dough for bottom crust; place in 9-inch pie plate. Fill with apple mixture. Dot apples with butter. Moisten edges of pastry with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut design or slits in top crust to vent steam. Brush top crust with milk, if desired.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.