Golden Pecan Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 120 min
- Ready Time: 195 min
- Yield: 16 to 20 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 300ºF. Spray bottom and sides of a 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- SIFT together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- PLACE shortening in bowl of electric mixer. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. At low speed, blend in flour mixture in fourths, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in nuts.
- SPOON batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- BAKE 1 hour 50 minutes to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Turn out onto rack. Invert cake again to cool cake completely.
- CUT into thin slices. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 27g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.