Good and Fruity Muffins
Let your kids choose their favorite Smucker's® Fruit Preserves to top our Good and Fruity Muffins—they're equally delicious with any flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15.5 oz.) jar Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Apricot Preserves
- 1/2 cup dried mixed fruit bits (apples, apricots, dates)
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with foil or paper liners. Combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, salt and oil in bowl of electric mixer.
- MIX until coarse crumbs form. Stop mixer and add egg, 1 cup preserves, dried fruits and banana. Mix just until blended. Fill muffin cups until almost full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool.
- HEAT remaining preserves in microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 20 seconds; spread on the tops of cooled muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 25g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.